الأحد، 7 مارس 2010

I'm disappointed in the Lakota Sioux

I received this "dreamcatcher" in the mail as part of a fundraising project by St. Joseph's Indian School in South Dakota.  I have a longstanding interest in dreamcatchers and have two in my office as a result of some previous academic studies I undertook on the phenomenon of sleep paralysis.

Our family includes some Native American blood, so we have previously donated to similar related charities (which is probably why we got on the mailing list for this one).  We won't be responding to the Lakota, however, because as I looked at this symbol of their culture I noticed there was something in the lower left corner written in such a small font (approximately 3 point in my estimation) that I had to get a magnifying glass to see this:
Maybe I'm being unrealistic, but when people start subcontracting out their heritage, I lose interest.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق