الجمعة، 8 أبريل 2011

A note to TYWKIWDBI readers

I'm going to spend the next week doing garden and house chores, preparing my income tax paperwork, and perhaps boiling down some birch sap, so there won't be any new posts.  One productive way to use this hiatus is to afford visitors who have their own blogs an opportunity to promote their work here at TYWKIWDBI.

I did this once before, in April of 2009 (but inexplicably forgot to do so last year). The process is quite simple.  Write in the comment section of this post...
  • your blog's name,
  • its url, and
  • summarize its purpose and content in a few sentences. 
I will then take that information and compile it into a regular post when I return.  Here are samples of the submissions two years ago, and here's how the blogs were eventually listed.

I do this with the idea that people who share an interest in this blog may be interested in one another.  I certainly have visited a lot of the blogs of TYWKIWDBI readers, tracing them either through clickable names in comments or via the Google Followers icons in the right sidebar.  I've found blogs that specialize in polar bears and in electronic synthesizers and some that are wide-ranging accumulators like me, and some that are frankly totally bizarre; I've incorporated some of your blogs into my weekly reading, and am recurrently amazed by the variety of styles and content.

This project has to be limited to TYWKIWDBI readers, for obvious reasons.  I'm expecting to get a few dozen replies, but I can't accommodate the great unwashed public of a million bloggers out there, so please don't mention this promotion on your blog unless you want to do so after the list has been compiled and published.  And for this same reason, I will need some confirmation that you are a participant here.  If you are a regular or occasional commenter, I will recognize your name (for this event, saying that your are "anonymous" won't hack it).  Alternatively, if you have linked to TYWKWDBI (ever) or have TYWKIWDBI in your blogroll in a sidebar, that would be sufficient.

When I did this in 2009, several reader/bloggers reported that they got a nice bump in traffic as a result of the listing, so this might work out especially well for those of you with small, interesting blogs.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق