الجمعة، 12 أغسطس 2011

The saddest "Twilight Zone" episode

Fans of The Twilight Zone will almost certainly recognize this studio still of Burgess Meredith in a post-apocalyptic setting -
“The best laid plans of mice and men and Henry Bemis, the small man in the glasses who wanted nothing but time. Henry Bemis, now just a part of a smashed landscape, just a piece of the rubble, just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself. Mr. Henry Bemis, in the Twilight Zone.”
Since I've always enjoyed last-man-on-earth fantasies, this episode really appealed to me - until the very conclusion, which was a crushing disappointment (and I think totally unnecessary):
I had totally suppressed my memories of this ending until I was reminded by that photo at the top, which I found at Old Hollywood.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق