الأربعاء، 3 نوفمبر 2010

Cutting Circles, The First Stitch, Threads To Dye For, How-To Stitch A Penny Rug 3-Stack, and The Makings Of A Penny Rug Free Tutorials by Colleen MacKinnon of Rag-A-Muffin Collectibles

Several years ago during a shopping trip to Sturbridge with my Mom I fell in love with wool felt and penny rugs and even wrote a post about it on my Linda's Blog entitled I Just Love This "Pumpkin Patch" Penny Rug.

Well, since then I have been searching all over the internet for penny rug kits, patterns and tutorials.  During my search I found not only an amazing website and blog, but an expert on penny rugs.   She is Colleen MacKinnon of Rag-a-Muffin Collectibles and she is a penny rug expert who has some of the most wonderful tutorials and patterns on her Penny Rugs and More blog. Her blog is all about her traditional penny rugs and contains wonderful posts about her penny rugs and wool felt creations as well as several free tutorials on making penny rugs.

Since I always like to learn from the best and hope you do too I thought I would share some of her wonderful tutorials.  But, before you can create penny rugs you need to learn a few basics and Colleen has some wonderful tutorials to teach you the basics.

Here they are:




Copyright © 2008 - Written By Colleen Mackinnon of Rag-a-Muffin Collectibles.

Here's what Colleen had to say about her tutorial: They're back! I've made some more cutting templates! Check out my etsy shop or, my Paypal Widget Storefront on the side bar of this blog. Here I will teach you how to cut wool pennies for your next penny rug project. Remember, you can use any circular object for a template. i.e., pennies or coins (that's why they are called penny rugs), buttons, bottle caps...anything round and of the desired size.




Copyright © 2009 - Written By Colleen Mackinnon of Rag-a-Muffin Collectibles.

Here's what Colleen had to say about her tutorial: Here's how I do that first stitch. This is a two stack. I'm attaching the backing penny. I always wrap the needle just once. The wrap allows that first stitch to stand at attention. No slanty beginnings here.



Copyright © 2008 - Written By Colleen Mackinnon of Rag-a-Muffin Collectibles.

Here's what Colleen had to say about her tutorial: Threads. What thread to use? What thread is the best? Does it matter? What is the look I want? What colour would be best? All good questions.



Copyright © 2007 - Written By Colleen Mackinnon of Rag-a-Muffin Collectibles.

Here's what Colleen had to say about her tutorial: Order a pre-cut kit, including thread and needles, and make a penny rug; Penny Rug Kits  or order my Epattern from my Etsy shop and learn how to put your stacks together.



Copyright © 2009 - Written By Colleen Mackinnon of Rag-a-Muffin Collectibles.

Here's what Colleen had to say about her tutorial:   First things first,

Gather your wool, cut your scraps into circles. Check my tutorial about how to cut circles for a penny rug. For this rug, 3", 2" and 1" circles. No rules! Make them 3.25 and 2.75 and .75 if you want! What do you have in the wool stash?

Please respect Colleen's TERMS OF USE:  **All my patterns and tutorials are copyright protected**. Please respect my designs and images, make no copies from my blog or my website without my permission. My tutorials and patterns are not be sold or produced without my permission. Please don’t email or transmit them in any way. You may pass on and save my links. If you make something from my intellectual product and show it on a blog or website, please link back to my posts as your source. Thanks so much. Colleen MacKinnon

Colleen's bio - Having been active in craft shows, events and sales through local craft stores during the 1980’s and 1990’s, organizing and running my own show for several years during the “turn of the century”; I now like to share what I’ve learned. Lately that’s been penny rugs.

I enjoy working with and collecting wool, new, used and vintage. Penny rugs are a great way to recycle and reuse any fabric. I have searched and researched penny rugs for many years and started a blog in 2007. Blogging is my way of sharing what I learn, getting it down in print so that I can pass it on and networking with others.

I have some great tutorials and patterns.

Please enjoy them, learn from them.

Remember, today’s handmade treasures are tomorrow’s treasured keepsakes.

Copyright © 2007-2010 - All Rights Reserved - Colleen Mackinnon of Rag-a-Muffin Collectibles.

Please visit her Rag-a-Muffin Collectibles website @ http://sites.google.com/site/ragamuffincollectibles/, her Ragamuffin2006 Etsy Shoppe @ http://www.etsy.com/shop/ragamuffin2006, and her Penny Rugs and More blog at http://www.pennyrugsandmore.blogspot.com/.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق