الأربعاء، 12 أكتوبر 2011

Dust Bowl family (Dorothea Lange photo)

A 1935 photo by Dorothea Lange.  It seems about once a year I feature one of her photos; in 2008 I posted the "Migrant Mother" photo, with a story about the woman's daughter.  Then the one with the nursing nipple on a Coke bottle.  And the impoverished family in New Mexico:
Nine children including a sick four-month-old baby. No money at all. About to sell their belongings and trailer for money to buy food. 'We don't want to go where we'll be a nuisance to anybody.'
And last year the despondent "resettled farm child."   More people today need to understand what real economic hardship and despair is.  And I need to learn more about this photographer.  I've requested a book from the library; there are quite a few to choose from.  If someone has a suggestion for a best one, please let me know.

Via First Time User.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق