الخميس، 13 أكتوبر 2011

Richard Dawkins and Wyndgate Country Club

I was forwarded a link to the Wyndgate Country Club vs Richard Dawkins and CFI-Michigan from Wikipedia editor Linda Long.  I had already seen this link and really didn't think much could be made of it. It isn't like Dawkins has never seen criticism, so I looked over his page and decided that it just wouldn't fit into his article.  Today I got another link from someone, this time with a YouTube video of Sean Faircloth and Dawkins on Fox news.

I decided that there is plenty of media focusing on this right now.  Protests at the Country Club (yeah team!) and possibly some legal action by CFI.  So I left mainly the same blurb on Richard Dawkins, Sean Faircloth, The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True and CFI's Wikipedia pages.

Its current news right now, so this should go up.  I did a lot of linking between the 4 pages so they should be getting hits to each other.  I also didn't use just one citation, I listed 4 citations.  Check out these pages.

I'm really sad that the Wyndgate Country Club does not have its own page.  I know they are really hating all this publicity right at the moment, they refuse to comment according to the newspapers.  But I would have loved to have left the same blurb on their site.  

Hits wise we are talking quite a lot.  Between the four sites over 107K each month.  This controversy didn't hurt hits to Dawkins page.  Normally he gets 4-5K hits a day.  There is a big jump to 6.2K and 5.4K during this time.  A 38% jump.  Sean Faircloth's Wikipedia page had a 50% spike in hits for one day.   CFI didn't see a rise in numbers.  The book The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True saw a 65% increase in hits to his page.

On another note...  When I was looking over the books page trying to decide if I should include it in all the edits.  I noticed an editor leave a note on the discussion page, Sept 21, 2011 "Can we prepare for a WP:DYK for this article?"  Ahhh "no"  These have to be launched within days of the launching of the page. What a missed opportunity.  I left a snarky remark in response. 


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق