السبت، 15 سبتمبر 2012

Tomato Pincushion Tutorial By Kaaren Johnston of The Painted Quilt

If you love pincushions like I do then you'll be happy to see that Kaaren Johnston has another wonderful tutorial on her The Painted Quilt blog showing you how to make a tomato pincushion.  Enjoy!


Copyright © 2009 - All Rights Reserved - Kaaren Johnston of The Painted Quilt

Here's what Kaaren had to say about her tutorial: If you've dropped in by chance, then welcome to my first tutorial. Pull up a comfortable chair, grab a cup of tea...or coffee if you prefer...and follow along. If perhaps you're joining me because you have the same obsession with pincushions as I do, then welcome to my PA (Pincushions Anonymous) meeting. Tea and coffee are the beverages of the day.

At the outset, I would like to apologize for a few out-of-focus photos. I'm still learning about my camera and I think I just might have gotten a wee bit too close on some of them. Hopefully you'll still be able to follow along and if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

So without further ado, let's get started. What you'll need are scissors, fabric of your choosing, sewing needle and thread, florist's sand or polyester batting for stuffing, a 5" needle or any long needle, green cotton perle thread or 2 strands of green floss, green wool or felt and fabric glue.


Please respect Kaaren's TERMS OF USE:  The use of my pattern/design and tutorials is limited to individual and personal use only. Distributing or selling my pattern or tutorials in any form is not permitted. They may not be used for commercial purposes unless written permission is granted. Credit for my pattern and tutorials should be included if displayed in any manner. Individual users may enlarge or reduce the size of the drawings for their personal use but may not alter them in any other way.

Kaaren's Bio: I am an artist and have recently retired from actively designing, publishing and travel teaching in the decorative painting industry. A short while later, in December of 2010, we moved from Eastern Ontario to the beautiful Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia. Quilting, stitching, applique and most recently rug hooking have become my new passions. Oh, and did I mention that I love to make and collect pincushions and needlecases! Join me on the First Friday of every month when I release a new Freebie design for you to make and enjoy.


Copyright © 2009 - 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Kaaren Johnston of The Painted Quilt.

Please visit her The Painted Quilt blog at  http://thepaintedquilt.blogspot.com/ and her The Painted Quilt Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/kaarenjohnston.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق