الثلاثاء، 23 أكتوبر 2012

How To Assemble A Crazy Quilt 7-Part Tutorial By Pamela Kellogg of Kitty and Me Designs

If you've ever seen a beautiful crazy quilt made of individual crazy quilt blocks you know there is a LOT of work involved in putting it together.  Well,  Pamela Kellogg has created a 7 step tutorial on her Kitty & Me Designs blog showing you exactly how it was done for her exquisite Marie Antoinette quilt.  Talk about eye candy.  Her quilt is absolutely stunning.


Copyright © 2011 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Pamela Kellogg of Kitty & Me Designs.

Here's what Pamela had to say about her tutorial:  Step 1 - Since I'm putting my Marie Antoinette CrazyQuilt together, I thought I would share step by step, the process that I use to assemble my crazyquilts. I know other crazyquilters have shared their process but I'm sure we all do things a little differently.

Step - 2 I've completed Step 2 of the assembly process on my Marie Antoinette Crazy Quilt. If there's one coping skill that I've learned with having ADD/ADHD, it's how to break things down into manageable portions!

Assembling any type of quilt can be overwhelming however, when we take the time to look at each step of the process, and focus on only one step at a time, it instantly becomes more "doable".

Steps 3 and 4- Steps 3 and 4 in the Crazy Quilt assembly process are both optional. In the case of my Marie Antoinette quilt, I wanted to sash my blocks with a pretty pink trim.. This has to be done at this point. If you choose to use trim to sash your blocks, add that now:

Steps 5 and 6 - On to steps 5 and 6 of How To Assemble A Crazy Quilt.

Step 7 - There's one final step in finishing a crazy quilt. We need to hold the front of the quilt to the back of the quilt. The best way I've found to do this is to sew buttons onto the back:



Please respect Pamela's TERMS OF USE:  I like to share Craft and Embroidery Tutorials on how I do a variety of projects and techniques and helpful hints. I add to this list regularly. Please feel free to download the directions and if you try them, please let me know if you enjoyed the project!

Pamela's Bio:Designer, Textile Artist and Instructor. Although I love all forms of needlework and embroidery, my true passion is Crazy Quilting. I enjoy a quiet life in our little cottage by a lake in Northern Illinois. I frequent flea markets and antique shops looking for do-dads that I can sew on to my stitching projects. I offer some of my handmade items, along with my mom's and my sister's, in my Etsy shop. I enjoy baking and share many of my recipes here. And did I mention glitter?

Copyright © 2005 - 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Pamela Kellogg of Kitty & Me Designs .

Please visit her Kitty & Me Designs blog at http://kittyandmedesigns.blogspot.com/ and her Kitty & Me Designs Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/kittyandme.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق