الاثنين، 12 أكتوبر 2009

About that Nobel Peace Prize


I won't pontificate on the award, since every other blog seems to be doing so. The cartoon above seems to sum up the situation...

Many years/decades ago I heard a story about the Nobel prizes that went something like this:
A man travels to Stockholm to receive his prize. When his turn comes and the King of Sweden presents him with the medal, he says "In this case, your majesty, I believe your committee has chosen someone quite undeserving of such an award." Expecting to receive a few comments back on his great achievements, he is surprised when the king, tired of false modesty, wearily replies "Well, that sometimes happens."
I have no idea whether that story is true or not. I have been unable to locate it at any authoritative source. It seems a little "too good to be true," so it may be entirely apochryphal - but it's still a good story.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق