الأربعاء، 1 فبراير 2012

Surface Design Techniques For Fabric - How To Sun Print On Fabric, How To Print Digital Images On Fabric, Metallic Paint Effect On Fabric, and How To Remove Excess Dye From Fabric Free Tutorials By Vicki Welsh of Field Trips In Fiber

It's always great to learn from a pro. At least I think so. Well, if you want to learn a few tricks and techniques for surface design and dyeing then you'll be happy to know that Vicki Welsh of Field Trips In Fiber has a couple wonderful tutorials on her blog explaining various techniques she employs for surface design. I hope you enjoy Vicki's surface design techniques tutorials.


Copyright © 2011- All Rights Reserved - Written By Vicki Welsh of Field Trips In Fiber.

Here's what Vicki had to say about her sun printing on fabric technique:  I really enjoy sun printing and have written lots of posts about some of my sun printing results. I also wrote a PDF tutorial.



Copyright © 2011- All Rights Reserved - Written By Vicki Welsh of Field Trips In Fiber.

Here's what Vicki had to say about her printing digital images on fabric technique:  My favorite way to transfer images to fabric is to print them with my ink jet printer. I find this to me the most reliable technique and, because there are fewer mishaps, it's also the most economical. This PDF shows how I do it and also provides a comparison of pre-treated fabric sheet products.



Copyright © 2011- All Rights Reserved - Written By Vicki Welsh of Field Trips In Fiber.

Here's what Vicki had to say about her metallic paint effect on fabric technique:  I love adding a little bit of sparkle to my projects and there's no better way than painting your own fabrics.  The metallic paints not only add sparkle, they add a lot of depth of color and texture.  This PDF will show you the process I use to get metallic effects on fabric.


Copyright © 2011- All Rights Reserved - Written By Vicki Welsh of Field Trips In Fiber.

Here's what Vicki had to say about her removing excess dye technique:  One of the biggest complaints about hand dyed fabric is that it's not color fast. Many people are wary of using it because they are afraid that the colors will run and ruin their entire quilt. Honestly, it's a reputation that the hand dyed fabric industry has earned.

Please respect Vicki's Terms of Use: Tutorial, text & images are the property of Vicki Welsh. Please do not copy or distribute in any form for any reason without my permission!

Vicki's Bio - I am 51, married 23 years and no kids (by choice). I live near Richmond, VA and am obsessed with anything to do with fabric and thread! I sew quilts, dye fabric, longarm quilting and just make lots of things. I started this blog as a way to chronicle my sewing goals and adventures and retired recently to become a full time fabric dyer.

Copyright © 2006-2011 - All Rights Reserved - Written By Vicki Welsh of Field Trips In Fiber - Adventures in quilting, hand dyed fabric and fiber art. Vicki is a fiber artist and fiber dyer. Please visit her "Vicki Welsh - Hand Dyed Fabrics" Etsy Shop.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق