الخميس، 9 أغسطس 2012

btw, TYWKIWDBI does have a search box


I was puzzled earlier today when a reader left a comment expressing disappointment that this blog lacked a search box.   I've had a search-this-blog feature ever since I set it up, via Lijit, in the right sidebar between that old award and the "about me."

I gently chastised that anonymous reader for being so inattentive, but several hours later reader JPinnix discovered the problem:
Apparently that search box only works if you have Ad-Block disabled for this site. I just got a new computer and haven't finished disabling it on my preferred-reading sites (such as this one), and noticed that I couldn't find that search box you described. I opened it up in Google Chrome and it was there, so I figured it had to be related to an extension setting on Firefox and Ad-block was the culprit. 
I had never realized that Adblock also blocks Lijit search boxes.   I have Adblock Plus 2.1.2 installed as a Firefox extension, but of course I have it disabled for my own blog.

There's no reason that I know not to unblock for TYWKIWDBI, because I don't carry any ads (other than the little ones in the search engine) and never plan to.  If you want to unblock this site (or any other), use the pulldown menu from the red "ABP" logo:


This also explains to me why I'm not seeing search boxes on some of the blogs I visit.  Now I know what to do.  You learn something every day.  And a big hat tip to JPinnix.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق