الخميس، 30 أغسطس 2012

Creating a Stained Glass Look by Embossing Transparency Film Free Tutorial By Laura Carson of Artfully Musing Blog

I just love stained glass and would like to learn how to create beautiful stained glass creations. That's not going to happen anytime soon, but in the meantime I can learn how to create stain glass looking mixed media creations using transparency film. With this in mind I was happy to see that Laura Carson had a wonderful tutorial on her Artfully Musing blog showing you how to create a beautiful stained glass look by embossing transparency film. How beautiful is Laura's creation?  I'm looking forward to learning how to do this.  How about you?


Copyright © 2011 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Laura Carson of Artfully Musing.

Here's what Laura had to say about her tutorial:  In November I posted a tutorial on “Creating a Stained Glass Look Using a Glass Slide”. Embossing transparency film is another option to creating the look of stained glass although I don’t think is sparkles quite as nicely as real glass. But with transparency film, you can print and emboss any digital image, whereas with glass, you are limited to rubber stamps.

The base of the ATC below is an image of an art nouveau stained glass window that I printed on transparency film and embossed. So that you could better see the colors on the transparency, the first image of the piece is photographed on white paper. The second image is photographed with the light behind the piece. Be sure to click on the image to see all the details.


Please respect Laura's TERMS OF USE:  My tutorials are protected by U.S. & International copyright laws.  Do not copy, duplicate, alter or reproduce in anyway.  Please use for inspiration only. ALL NAMES, LOGOS AND DESIGNS ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS. ©2012 Laura Carson (Artfully Musing), All Rights Reserved

Laura's Bio: After retiring from the computer software industry where I spent my career designing, building and marketing software, I needed a creative outlet. A few years ago I discovered Mixed Media Art and have had a love affair ever since. I’ve taught classes in Altered Books, Handmade Books, Collage Art and Mix Media Art. I currently design for Alpha Stamps and I enjoy trading in various art groups. Starting this blog is a way of sharing my art and the wonderful art I have received from others. I specialize in very detailed multi-layered and textured pieces. I live in Anthem Arizona with my husband Kevin, dog Sandy, and cat Tigger.

Copyright © 2011 - All Rights Reserved - Laura Carson of Artfully Musing.

Please visit her Artfully Musing blog at  http://artfullymusing.blogspot.com/.


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق